84.39km
I was running with QX and no, we didn't know each of us were running at first. We thought the starting point was at the road but no, we were conned. It was at the pavement beside the coast. Anyway, we started at the back. Going by 10km/1 hour 20mins, we overtook others steadily and were pretty alright with the pace and every 10km. The Changi Route is very very boring because it is so straight, you don't know where is the front and the back. Then we headed on to East Coast and it is still oh so, boring. We took a power gel at the 15km mark and then another one at the 22km mark. My knees and ankles started hurting real bad that I have to stop and walk. Sorry, not walk, its limp and hobble along at the 35km mark. I decided to continue even though QX said it is not advisable to. Knowing me, I know I am mad but then again, I continued. I doubt she knows I continued. Haha..
The routes that were boring:
- Changi route
- Victoria Junior College to Kembangan MRT
- Bedok Reservoir
The routes where people thought you are mad:
- East Coast Park route (people laughing while you are running.)
The routes that makes you curse and swear every single thing you can think of:
- Loyang route
- Bedok route
- All the bridges
- Crossing the finishing line at your FIRST loop (note: you still got one more loop..)
The best part, I got to do it twice. I love the routes so much I am not going to run there till I graduate. Haha.. I started at 7pm and took a time of 11 hours and 45 minutes. Actually, I have no idea how accurate that is because my shoetag was there one second, and the next, it was gone. Haha.. But my watch was timing it too so I will just take that timing then! =D
I collected my finisher tee and medal then headed over to watch the Superheroes movies! It was The Hulk when I reached. Anyway, I took a total of 5 power gels and Tangerine really sucks! I vomitted it after running 5km with it in my tummy. Many photographs were taken by a Temasek Polytechnic Engineering lecturer! Great job, Sir! You ran great! (marathon). Porfessional shoots were taken in the Adidas booth and then I went to meet Ji Min and Ves. A hug was given (aww.. sorry, no picture for that..) and then we headed off to Changi Hotel to wash up. Bus 29 took us to Tampines Interchange. Duing the incredibly long journey, I was sleeping and the bus driver drove the bus with much bumps and everything. It's a wonder my head don't hurt because I was full of fatigue otehrwise he will get it from me if I vomitted. Ji Min's shoulders are nice to sleep on anyway because there's victory spilt all over it. LOL!! My whole boy ACHES!! SOB!!
Oh yes! The rewards for finishing my race!
- A deep sense of achievement
- Finisher shirt and medal
- Torn muscles
- Painful ankles and knees
- Everyone will give you the seat in MRT because you are crippled
I am tired of typing and describing the things. Let the photographs take you through the Road to Victory! (and one month of being crippled..)
The most boring route ever!Finisher shirt + Finisher medal + Finisher photo + Finisher hug = VICTORY!!!
GREAT JOB, EVERYONE! HAVE A SPEEDY RECOVERY!!


Great job. You did well kid
ReplyDeleteHalo Tekko~
ReplyDeleteThank you!! Haha.. Did you run? Haha.. Who are you in real life ah? As in, what name are you? Cannot be Ji Min right? LOL!
Keep running because you know you want to,
Roadrunner
No I didn't run. And I am not Ji Min or anybody from TP. I am an old uncle. You were with Sarah when you reach our support table at Tampines Park Connector (after Esso).
ReplyDeleteTekko
Halo Tekko,
ReplyDeleteSorry?I was with Sarah? Haha.. Definitely I was not running with any Sarah. Haha.. But hey, next time when you see me, just say Hi. I promise I won't scream. LOL!
Keep running because you know you want to,
Roadrunner
Late comment on your post here.Good job and bask in your achievement.I don't think you will want to run along those Eastern Park connectors for a time being =P
ReplyDeleteHalo, Trailblazer!
ReplyDeleteHAHA.. You are right! I abolutely don't want to run that route there anymore. Haha.. Actually it is my first time on theose connectors. Haha..
Keep running because you know you want to,
Roadrunner
Hey Tekko,
ReplyDeleteCan I add you in MSN? You can add me so that your MSN will not be disclosed. It's in my profile. =)
Keep running because you know you want to,
Roadrunner
Hi Nicole,
ReplyDeleteUncle don't use MSN. You can find me on Facebook though.
Halo Tekko,
ReplyDeleteHaha.. Okay, so what should I type? Haha.. You are not an uncle lah.. SMILE! =)
Keep running because you know you want to,
Roadrunner
Hi Nicole,
ReplyDeleteMy son is probably same age as u and also in TP. So does that make me an Uncle?
Halo Tekko,
ReplyDeleteHaha.. That just makes you a big brother and a freind-cum-confidante to me and your son respectively. Haha..
Keep running because you know you want to,
Roadrunner
Done well! keep the good run up! Enjoy training well for upcoming event. ;-)
ReplyDeleteHalo, Anonymous~
ReplyDeleteAlright! Thank you for the praise! But I think I injured my hip at the left side. Oh well, a doctor soon for me. Haha.. Take care on your training too~
Keep running because you know you want to,
Yu Xin