Sunday, August 9, 2009

Strong Massage! Experience

Singapore (30 July 2009)- It was a Thursday and the Sun was shining brightly on my Optic Nerve shades. I arrived in Core Concepts office which was located in Parkway Parade. The office emitted a soothing music the minute the glass door was pushed open and it had cool colours and matching furniture. Immediately, I felt comfortable because the feeling was inevitable. The receptionist asked me to fill up a form and I on the couch while waiting for Chye Tuan, a physiotherapist. I was meeting him at 1430 for my sports massage. Chye Tuan is tall and athletic built (later on, I learnt that he is a basketball player) and his smile greeted me when our eyes met. I was led to a room and then my massage session began.

First, baby oil was applied on my legs. Then the sports massage began. The sports massage covered the thighs, calves and shins. We talked about athletics during the session and I learnt loads about the common injury that most athletes get- Iliotibial Band (ITB). The massage lasted for an hour.

Feelings about the sports massage
Initially, Chye Tuan said my muscles are tight. How do you know they are tight? Simple. When you feel sore in your legs and if you try pressing or squeezing them, you will feel pain very soon. Muscles being tight are never a good thing. The massage was really effective. In the sense that you can really feel the pressure on your muscles. I have always thought that massages are really ticklish. Maybe it is just me because my body is really sensitive! But the massage was so relaxing and hurting at times that my perception changed completely. The force of the massage can be altered to your satisfaction. If you find it too painful, you can always ask the physiotherapist to lighten the force. The order of the sports massage was from the left calf up the left thigh, then the right calf up the right thigh. Did I mention the massage was really good? It made me want to close my eyes and drift of to sleep but I did not because it would seem inappropriate.

Chye Tuan explained the causes of ITB and what one can do to recover from ITB Friction Syndrome. This injury that has given many athletes many problems will be covered in the next posts.

In conclusion, I am delighted with the service in Core Concepts Strong Massage and I really want to thank Chye Tuan for giving me a sports massage. I really needed one at that time and I do really do appreciate his offer even though I postponed it many times due to some problems.

Associated links

~Iliotibial Band Friction Syndrome (http://sgrunner-yuxin.blogspot.com/2009/08/iliotibial-band-fritction-syndrome-itbs.html)

~ Core Concepts (http://sgrunner-yuxin.blogspot.com/2009/08/core-concepts.html)

~ Why should injured athletes go for physiotherapy (http://sgrunner-yuxin.blogspot.com/2009/09/why-should-injured-athletes-go-for.html)

1 comment:

  1. Hey bro. Where exactly is this place to get a sports massage?

    ReplyDelete