Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Avia Avi Lite II

Avia Lite II is an ultra lightweight distance running shoe. There is light stability with dual-durometer compression and polyurethane support struts. Antibacterial Ortholite™ insole keeps your foot cool and dry. It is best for runners seeking a lightweight trainer for a neutral to slightly overpronated foot type.

Grading system
Forefoot Cushion: 8.5/10
Rear foot Cushion: 8/10
Stability: 9/10
Responsiveness: 6/10

This shoe is light as the cushions support the legs and only allow minimum contact to the ground when running. I tried this pair of shoes on various terrains.

On gravel
The shoes are great to start with but when I did one round around Bedok Reservoir, my legs were sore, far more sore than my usual running shoes. Due to the cobbled pavement (including stray stones and rocks), even though the support is there, the stability is greatly weakened. I suggest this pair of shoes should not be worn when running on gravel.

Round and round the track (stadium's red track)
Avi Lite II is probably the track's best friend! I ran approximately 12 to 13 rounds (5km) and then still felt that my momentum was there and of course, the shoes felt so light, I was starting to suspect if I was actually running at all. Much bounce were easily obtained and given so it allows your feet to not have such a huge impact with the ground.

Sand
You do not want to wear this pair of shoes to run as you wll sink right down and put in double the effort to push your legs back up again! It is best if you run barefoot in the sand. Feel the softness and the heat for your legs, not the Avi Lite II!

When going uphill, I feel that the Avi Lite II needs more effort to take every step up. But when going downhill, you take less the effort and go down twice the speed! Isn't it great?

Recommended for:
The Avia Avi Lite II is recommended for distances that are between the range of 5km to 42.195km. Anything more than that is going to backfire the shoes' ability. A marathon would do nicely if you ae aiming for a consistent pace. With a good pace, it is possible that one can do a 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes in a 10km run.

Disclamer: This review is done based on my experiences and personal opinions. Feel free to comment, NOT at the tagboard.Opened it.
Flipped it.



My Avia Avi Lite II!!

2 comments:

  1. Finally,you have a review of this Avia Avi Lite II!

    I am curious to know about the weight of these shoes if it is really that lightweight =D It is a waste that the shoes have a "built-up" heel,not flat/levelled to the ground,like racing shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo, Trailblazer!

    Yes, finally. I am sorry to drag it for so long. It is not as light as the Nike Free but this is enough for most. You don't want to race in these, but they are good for trainings!

    Keep running because you know you want to,

    Roadrunner

    ReplyDelete