Thursday, March 5, 2009

First Assignment of SGRunners.com Bloggers

Why You Need An ID Band?

“Miss! Miss! Are you alright?” the voice aroused me from my semi-consciousness. My ankle was fractured, making me lie in an extremely uncomfortable position. The ID Band replayed this re-enactment as a reminder every time I looked at it.

Two years ago, I was running my usual 20km evening run from my house to East Coast Park. It was just another routine, or so I thought it was. My parents did not see any comfort in my night trainings but they knew it was necessary for me to improve thus, insisting that I wear the ID Band. Seeing that it puts them more at ease and ensuring that they will not ban me from my trainings if I refused, I wore it on my right wrist.

Halfway along the route, all was dark and rain pelted down. The stopwatch was running, and so were my legs. The next thing I knew, I was in a drain due to a slip in a wet puddle. My ankle was twisted at a weird angle making me immobile. I was stuck and I knew it. After several hours, a stranger came, saw my ID Band and conquered my plight. I almost got banned from trainings after that incident. I am grateful towards the ID Band.

Without it, my parents could NOT be contacted. Likewise, my medical records could NOT be accessed at the hospital. It saved me from Hades’s jaws with the aid of a Good Samaritan.

Thank you, ID Band.

11 comments:

  1. Hey that's pretty good. I guess non-runners could also benefit from the ID Band as well. Late night clubber, cyclist and even kids could benefit from wearing the ID Band - No one can predict that they might be involve in an accident, having ID Band user can be sure that help is on the way. Gd Job (:
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo, Haffiz! Thanks for appreciating my post!! Yes, I.D Bands are important for everyone, be it athletes or non-athletes. I.D Band encrypts personal information like your address, allergies, illnesses, contact information. It may be seen by others that it is not necessary because they would think that nothing will happen to them. But, things happen, so its better to be on the safe side.

    Come back here more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,i saw tehe SGrunners blog entries for ID band and curious to read more about your entry here (a forum member here):P

    Did that incident really happen to you? =O i may consider getting one for safety reasons But it is well written here! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halo nws-tbz! Yes, it did happen to me. And the stranger became a good friend of mine! Haha.. Yes, Please get one as you never know what may happen to you. Thanks for reading it!!! Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again,nicole!!I see that you have a good running base & training.Great to see another person training in Eastern Singapore too.Hope to meet you in person one day when running ;P

    Anyway,if i do drop by running lab,may consider getting one too with other running related items =X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halo, nws-tbz! Haha.. Yea.. we can always train together if you are fine with it. But I have some competitions coming up, so may not have the time. Haha..

    I am thinking of getting the Bolle Warrant Sunglasses. Super cool for running long distances!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully i don't turn your blog into a chit-chat thread.Your "handsome" admin may come & disturb me instead :P

    Not opting for the usual Oakley/Smith Optic shades that many runners use?Guess you need to save up for this pair of Bolle Warrant glasses.Polarised lens also help to protect your eyes from glaring sunlight,so it is a good investment lah ^_^

    Looking at your schedule,i can say you train quite a lot "^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha.. You're welcome to turn this into a chat box!!! Well, who's my handsome admin? Haha.. i have very little knowledge on glasses.. I thought these may look good.. Take a look:

    http://tptnf-yuxin.blogspot.com/2009/03/second-project-for-sgrunnerscom.html

    The colours are fantastic! Haha.. The trainibgs are adequate =D But when school starts, probably not as much.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm,if you don't mind,i may chit chat with you in person through MSN one day instead.Permission to do so? =x :P

    Handsome admin/"botak" (*oops) = TLR heh!and i believe you have seen him in yesterday suburban run?His team came in 3rd!

    I do say Bolle Warrant sunglasses look nice.but make sure they have the function (polarised feature) and the "feel good" factor when you wear it :D

    I haven't seen them on sale but i have seen Oakley shades commonly available in optical shops & Takashimaya,smith optics shades at Running Lab.

    Oh,you are on holiday now?That is good!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha.. sure.. you can add me in MSN :) It's written in my profile! Yea! I saw him.. I didn't he's TLR.. LOL! I don't know la.. the glasses look nice.. haha.. anyway, there serve as an extra commodity so I may not even be getting it. Haha.. Spend on better things like science researches!!

    Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erm,Sorry for the intrusion...
    First of all,hello to nicole tan and nws-tbz! :D
    I was reading up on running events and happened to stumbled on to nicole's blog.
    Secondly,Judging from the conversation between nicole and nws-tbz, I suppose that both of you stay in the eastern side of singapore and often run @ east coast regularly? If so, can I join in too? Do let me know...thanks! :DD Run Harder!

    ReplyDelete