Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy 4th Anniversary, SGRunners

Singapore (26.07.09)- Rain was over at Evans Road, Co-Curricular Activities Branch, at 6am plus but it did not dampen any SG Runner's moods! We were gathered there to celebrate SGRunners 4th Anniversary. The celebration commenced at 7am and ended roughly at 10am plus. A hit on the bed was what I needed when I reached home, all the way to dinner time.

SGRunners.com is a running portal and platform in Singapore for runners to come together for trainings, exchange of running information, signing up for races and the best of all, having the same loving passion- Running! I joined SGRunners not long ago and is grateful to The Lonelyrunner otherwise known as Sukaimi, who is the founder of SGRunners.com, has given e many opportunities to do what I liked second. I love to write so I can write reviews for SGRunners.com in terms of shoes, running accessories and other related information on races.

I met many fellow runners like Sotong, Tiwazz and many others. Jimin was in the same group as me and we had a small game right after our 4km run around the Botanical Gardens. It was a fun run but the pace was a little too fast. Haha.. I ran with Jimin because he had TBS and I have a minor shin split. The game was about Team survivor and then Individual because the two winners will get to win K-Swiss shoes, sponsored proudly by K-Swiss! My team was the second to become dead but nonetheless, it was fun! I learnt that Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew's English name is Harry; five sticks of satay has more calories than a plate of fried carrot cake; Jupiter is the planet with the highest mass.

After the whole activity, we took a 360 degree shot of everyone and yes, it's so cool! Haha.. Jimin, Buakawthebest and I went to eat roti prata at the famous stall. It's really delicious when hot, but the service really sucked. Haha.. You guys may want to check the stall out in 31 Evans Road, directly opposite CCAB. Boss early morning do some 'gym'! LOL!!!
I'm the one in red, sitting and messaging Jimin at the stand. Haha..
We are all waiting for the start of the celebration!
Tent is set~
Registration confirmation for all SGRunners~
* From left: RogerHub, Navy dude and Experienced Uncle : )
*From left: Scubaparents, Aerorunner and Keltong (behind aerorunner) : )
*From left: Buakawthebest, Fabulous68 and Kayano : )
*From left: Gentle, Tiwazz and Taz: )
The queue for registration!
ME! My turn!! And the guy knew my name before I told them. Gosh, I am famous : )
Boss and fellow SGRunner!
The tallest guy I have ever seen- SOTONG! 197cm and I am 30cm shorter : )
BOSS: ALL READY?
All SGRunners: READY!! WHOOHOO~ The start of 4km run! ( +/- 1km.. LOL!!!)
GO!
GO!
Haha.. Can spot me? I am behind the second black man upfront. The girl in white running vest!
Me and JM (Hint: The two white in the middle of the photo!)
The helpful team : )
Uncle Sotong like happy~
RogerHub is back~ They say he's fast!
Jia you!!
YAY! ME and Jimin back~ Looking good there~
All the group leaders of the Knowledge game!!
Shoes sponsored by K-Swiss!
The first team to get eliminated.
The second team to get eliminated. Hahha! Jimin and Me in the same group. Thanks for your help, group members~
The third team to get eliminated.
The winning team! Good job!
The fourth team to get elimnated.
Taking SGRunners family photograph time!!!

HAPPY FAMILY!!!
The ultimate battle for 2 pairs of K-Swiss shoes! Scissors, Paper, Stone!
WINNER!!!
WINNER!!!
Boss recommending the K-Swiss shoes!
Haha.. They get one shoe each, not a pair. LOL!!!
Scissors, Paper, Stone DUO~ =D
Going back home : )
Disclaimer: All the captions and names are not in any personal assaults. Please give me your name in the photograph that shows a * so that I can put your SGRunner's nick for you!
P.S: I am sure many of you know me now. Haha.. Say HI! to me when you see me at race expos : )

6 comments:

  1. Very good essay...

    My team(purple) was the 4th eliminated... not the buakaw team(actually was the 5th.,the last eliminated).

    The handsome dude username in sgrunners.com is Rogerhub....a fast runner. Same as the kenyan runner, actually he is an indian, named aerorunner...hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halo annonymous~

    Thank you for the compliment : ) h my gosh, I am sorry for the mistake, I will change it asap tomorrow! Good job on the knowledge game!! Haha.. Alright, I'll change their names too! If possible, you can always write your name so we can be friends! YAY!!!

    Keep running because you know you want to,

    Yu Xin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I'm 'keltong' sitting behind scubaparents and aerorunner (the kenya runner)...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The smiley sgrunner uncle is Kayano, the white uncle next to Tiwazz is Gentle and the patriotic(?) uncle is T@z and I am... not there:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Halo, Keltong~

    Haha.. Thank you! I will change once blogger i good again. Haha.. Yell HI! when you see me~ I will wave one!!! Haha.. Cheers! =D

    Keep running because you know you want to,

    Yu Xin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Halo Tekko~

    Haha.. You didn't come right? Man, and I only knew JM81.. Haha.. Next time come la.. Uncle Taz patriotic cause he's in red and white. Reheasal for NDP 09~ LOL!!

    Keep running because you know you want to,

    Yu Xin

    ReplyDelete