Friday, 16 July 2009 - At 9am, there was already 2 athletes queue-ing up for the registration of the long-awaited Standard Chartered Marathon 2009! I was the third in queue with my friend, who was fourth. What are we doing there so early, you asked? The first 500 registered participants will get extra goodies, plus a shoebag! ME, being a typical athlete, had nothing to do so I just wen there to beat the queue as well. Aren't I a professional? : ) The registration opened at 1130 and yes, the weather was scorching hot. But I was third in queue, that makes it all worthwhile. JM came too but he was 300plus due to the long train of participants!
Many SGRunners went too, including Mystic, Sorepalm and Sleek. Team Fatbird was there too and I mei Mike, who was in charge of the Adidas Foot Type station. Here are some pictures to remember the day that online registration is not as effective. LOL!! =D
I am very proud of myself! I insipred Jacquelyn to do a simple 10km for her first step to a healthier lifestyle! So can you athletes guess the theme for this year's marathon? YES! IT'S INSPIRATION! Inspire your friends today to run with you. Forget about the timing and just enjoy the race! I am aiming for a sub 5 hours!
See you guys and girls on the race pack collection day : )


sub 5 hours shouldn't be a problem for you.You cleared an ultramarathon before.It should be quite doable for you ^_^
ReplyDeleteHalo trailblazer,
ReplyDeleteAiseh. Don't say until like this la.. later i over 5 hours then a bit embarrassing ah.. haha.. i try la.. not gonna run anymore : )
Keep running because you know you want to,
Yu Xin